Village People: Macho Moves Slot - Review and Casinos 2019
Produced in conjunction with Fortune Factory Studios, the Village People: Macho Moves online slot is based on the popular Village People music group in their famous costumes dancing along the top of the reels. This game has an atypical format but offers players a great style of play where longer sessions are rewarded with progressively better chances to win free spins modes. Read all about Village People: Macho Moves in this review and compare online casinos that offer the slot.
Top 3 Village People: Macho Moves Casinos
Introduction to Village People: Macho Moves
If you’re a fan of older music, then you know who the Village People are, and they’re the source of a lot of popular songs like Go West, Macho Man and YMCA. Microgaming, in conjunction with Fortune Factory Studios, has produced a video slot that brings this group together in all of their glory.
The Village People: Macho Moves online slot has all six members of the group at the top of the reels while a jukebox sits to the left side of the game board playing a set of their most popular tunes.
The basic idea here is that the essence of the group has been tied into the gameplay and format, and it gives players a tremendous sense of cohesion because everything about this title is brought together with one solid theme.
Betting and Layout
The first thing you’ll notice is that this game is larger than usual. Here’s what you need to know about how this affects your gameplay:
- This title has six reels and three rows of symbols with one member of the Village People at the top of each reel.
- A total of 15 paylines are available from left to right only, and those paylines cannot be changed.
- The base bet is 20 coins, and you have the option to increase this to 40, 60, 80 or 100 coins per turn.
- With coins at €0.01 apiece, your minimum bet size in this game is €0.20 per turn.
- You can wager as much as €25 on each individual spin.
- All wins are based on multiples of your bet size as a whole instead of line bet wagers.
Overall, the format and wagering options are pretty straightforward and offer players at each level of stakes something that works out well.
Features and Gameplay
The six members of the group at the top of the reels and the way they come together are actually the keys to all of the gameplay and bonus features in this title. Fortune Factory Studios did an excellent job with putting together this concept in a way that ties the band itself in with the way the game is played.
Dual Wild Symbols
You will find two different wild symbols in the Village People: Macho Moves video slot. The first is a white disco ball that simply says “Wild” in dark blue letters, and the second is a ball of different colors with “VP Wild” in golden letters. Each of them substitute for all other symbols in the game, and they combine to create some pretty strong winning payouts:
- Six of a Kind – 250x
- Five of a Kind – 50x
- Four of a Kind – 15x
- Three of a Kind – 5x
These wins are pretty good, and it’s worth noting that they’ll only count if they are the best available payout on a line. If you had three wilds from left to right, but they could instead be used to make a six of a kind combination worth 25x, you’d get the 25x win for six of that symbol instead of the 5x payout for three wilds. This helps you to get the payout that’s worth the most each and every time.
It’s also worth noting that the VP Wild is an expanding wild that will always cover the reel it lands on in wild symbols. Since there are no scatters, you don’t have to worry about it covering any symbols that would have given you a payout, and they can only help you to get bigger wins.
VP Wild Accumulator Meters
When you get a VP Wild symbol on a given reel, it will add one to the glowing green meter just below that reel’s member of the Village People. When you pick up five of those and fill up the meter, you will trigger one of the available free spins modes that correspond to that member of the group.
It’s worth noting that these persist across sessions but only at matching bet sizes, so you can’t run them up to four at a low level of stakes and then switch to a higher wager to try to trigger the free spins at that upper level.
You will always get five free spins with this feature, but the particulars of what else you get depend on which reel it happens on, which we’ll elaborate on below.
Six Free Spin Modes
The following are the available free spin modes based on the reels:
- Reel 1 (Construction Worker) – Random multipliers from 2x to 20x are given on each spin.
- Reel 2 (Cowboy) – You’ll randomly get from two to 12 wild symbols added to the game board with each spin.
- Reel 3 (Cop) – Two to four reels will be made completely wild for each spin.
- Reel 4 (Native) – Wild reels start on the fifth and sixth reels and move to the left one spot after each turn.
- Reel 5 (Biker) – All of the low-level card suit symbols are replaced by a matching high-level symbol.
- Reel 6 (Sailor) – One to three wilds are added on the reels and are locked in place for the rest of the free turns.
As you can see, there’s quite a lot of variety between these game modes.
How to Win at Village People: Macho Moves
The accumulator meters are the key to good strategy at this game. Overall, you’ll get the best RTP percentage by consistently playing at the same level of stakes instead of switching around. When you switch, you will lose value because of the lost spots on the meters that you earned previously.
The volatility of this game is fairly low, so we suggest picking a bet size that’s slightly higher than you might normally use and sticking with it. The swings will be more in the range of what you’re used to despite the bet size being a little larger, and this will put you in a good position to run those meters up for more free spins modes.
The Village People: Macho Moves online slot by Microgaming and Fortune Factory Studios offers some pretty cool feature-based gameplay. Here are the highlights of what this title has available:
- The graphics and presentation look like they are performing on stage.
- Having six different free spins modes gives a lot of variety to the bonus features.
- The six-reel layout adds a level of action that’s a bit different than many other games.
That said, some people may not like the following about this title:
- The payouts all start at three of a kind on a six-reel game, which may seem difficult to some players, especially if they’re used to two of a kind prizes.
- The accumulator meters can take a wild to build up when you first start playing.
We think that these are some pretty minor issues, and it’s pretty clear to us that the game is as balanced as can be.