QIWI Casinos and Tutorial 2019
QIWI is the leading online payment brand in Russia with millions of customers using it daily, many of which to deposit at online casinos. You only need a phone number to create a wallet and thanks to the support of VISA, transactions are almost instantaneous. There are also apps for all mobile systems. Because of the convenience it’s the most popular payment method for Russian players. We have reviewed the best QIWI casinos in November 2019 and list their top bonus offers below.
Top QIWI Casinos
QIWI was founded back in 2008 as an online payment method for Russian customers. After the collaboration with partners like Visa and Mastercard, they started issuing both virtual and physical QIWI cards. Pre-paid QIWI cards are available in various locations in Russia and other supported countries.
Customers can create a QIWI wallet using their phone numbers and fund their accounts with credit cards, debit cards, pre-paid QIWI cards, mobile operators or use cash in one of the thousands of physical terminals. QIWI quickly became popular among the Russian gamblers and listed as a supported payment method in numerous online casinos. Currently, QIWI’s service is offered in Russia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Romania, Belarus, United States, Brazil, Jordan.
Players love freebies, and that’s why online casinos use them to attract new players and reward the existing ones. Some of the most popular promotions offered by casinos are associated with deposits. When an iGamer makes a deposit, the casino gives them a reload bonus, deposit bonus, or free spins on certain games. Even though the type of promotions changes, deposits made with QIWI generally qualify for the bonuses available for deposits. Certain casinos may offer specific promotions for the use of QIWI. Be sure to check any promotional terms and conditions.
QIWI comes with numerous advantages over the other online payment methods. These advantages are the main reason why QIWI is used by millions of iGamers. In addition to the collaboration with Visa which makes QIWI a trusted payment method, they also offer convenience, security, and fast transactions.
- Security: Since the payments are made through an e-wallet or virtual Visa card, you have the complete control of your funds.
- Speed: The transactions with QIWI are synced with Visa, which means the money you sent shows up on your casino account instantly.
- Convenience: Sending funds to your casino account requires just a phone number with QIWI. Thanks to the simplicity of the method and wide support from the casinos it’s the most convenient method for Russian players.
Fast transactions, ease of use and support of one of the biggest payment companies in the world makes QIWI an ideal method for iGamers. Like almost any other payment methods, however, there are some downsides of it too. Limited availability for withdrawals and regional restrictions are the two main disadvantages.
- Withdrawals: Even though QIWI is supported by many reliable casinos for deposits, the number of casinos that list QIWI among the supported withdrawal methods are limited in Europe.
- Regional restrictions: QIWI’s availability is limited to Russia and a few other countries. If you do not live in those countries, you need to look for another payment method.
In addition to the security, one of the main reasons for selecting a payment method is the fee policy they have. The fees that come with using QIWI’s service are one of the reasons behind its popularity as a casino payment method. QIWI doesn’t introduce any fees associated with deposits, and if your casino doesn’t have any, you can send money to your casino account free of charge. There are very low fees for withdrawals that casinos sometimes charge, so make sure to check the terms and conditions of your casino before selecting QIWI as the withdrawal method.
QIWI supports all local currencies of the countries it is available at as a payment method. Which means you can fund your account in RUB, USD, BRL, RON, KZT and other currencies using the supported funding methods. Your wallet shows the account balance in the currency of the country you created your account in the first place.
- Ruble: RUB,₽
- United States Dollar: USD $
- Romanian Leu: RON lei
- Moldovan Leu: MDL
- Belarus Ruble: BYN Br
- Kazakhstan Tenge: KZT лв
- Brazil Real: BRL R$
- Jordanian Dinar: JOD
Creating an Account
QIWI facilitates online payments in a fast and secure way. The simple registration procedure shows that they indeed are making things easy. Either on their website, with their iOS, Android, and Windows apps, or at one of the QIWI terminals you just need your phone number to create a QIWI wallet. You’ll then receive an SMS with a password to enter the wallet.
- Enter your phone number on the website, in the app or at the physical terminal
- Use the password you received via SMS to enter your QIWI e-wallet
QIWI wallets are not connected to your bank account or credit/debit cards. That makes it necessary to fund your account. In addition to the QIWI pre-paid cards, any debit or credit cards with Visa or MasterCard logo on them can be used to fund your account. You can also use your mobile network operator or send money to your e-wallet with cash through one of the physical terminals or kiosks.
- Buy a pre-paid QIWI card and enter the card information on your account
- Use your phone number to send money with credit or debit cards
- Use cash to send money to your account through kiosks and terminals
- Fund your account with your mobile network operator
QIWI’s service is all about the convenience. That’s why it’s the go-to method for Russian iGamers. Sending money to online casinos that accept QIWI deposits is very simple indeed. If you have funds on your e-wallet it takes a few simple steps. Thanks to the instant transactions, you won’t have to wait to start spinning the reels or enjoy your favourite casino games.
- Select QIWI on your online casino’s cashier
- Enter your phone number
- Enter the code you received via SMS
- Set the amount you want to transfer and confirm the transaction
Even though not as commonly available as for deposits, there are still a number of casinos that support QIWI for withdrawals. Before attempting to transfer the money you made on your favourite games, make sure that QIWI is among the listed withdrawal methods. The steps to withdrawal are as simple as the ones for deposits.
- Make sure QIWI is listed among the withdrawal methods of your online casino
- Click the QIWI logo
- Enter your phone number and the code you received via SMS
- Confirm the transaction
QIWI is aware that security is one of the biggest concerns of iGamers while making money transfers between their banks and casinos. While using QIWI you don’t need to worry about your personal or account information because you’ll be using an e-wallet or virtual card that has no ties with your bank accounts. Without your phone number and one-time-only passwords you receive via SMS every time you log in to your account, there’s no way to access your wallet. The security of their system has Verified by VISA and MasterCard Securecode seals of approval as well.
QIWI has been around for a while, and as an experienced online payment company with millions of customers, they know the importance of a great customer support. There is a detailed FAQ section on their website to answer all sorts of questions you have about their service. If you have further questions you can easily reach the talented support team via a phone call, support form, or social media.
- FAQ: Check their website to find the responses to Frequently Asked Questions
- Phone call: Call them at 8 800 707-77-59
- Social media: Check QIWI accounts on both international and local social media websites.
- Support form: Fill in the support for on their website and provide details about your issue.
The full potential of QIWI is available to all of the customers, that’s why there are no exclusive memberships they offer.
- QIWI doesn’t have a VIP program or membership levels.
QIWI, thanks to the convenience it creates for the casino players, quickly made its presence known in the iGaming world. It is the most popular deposit method among Russian gamblers, especially because many other payment methods are not available in that region for various reasons. Its payment service is also offered in Kazakhstan, Moldova, Romania, Belarus, United States, Brazil, and Jordan.
The popularity of the service as an online payment method among the Russians makes QIWI the must-have option for the online casinos that accept Russian gamblers. Even though almost all casinos that operate in the region support QIWI only as the deposit method, there are still a few of them that support withdrawals as well.