POLi is an Australian payment processor that was founded in 2006. Formerly known as Centricom, this payment method serves well over 30 million users. This method is widely used to deposit and withdraw funds at online casinos. You can find a list of the best POLi casinos and more about this payment method below.
Top POLi Casinos
POLi does away with the need to use a debit/credit card or e-wallets completely since all the transactions are done over the internet. POLi acts entirely as a messenger and all it does is form a bridge between your bank account and the online casino. This payment method provides unparalleled security and no bank information shared is saved.
For additional security, POLi only partners with online casinos that have been verified to be trustworthy, avoiding any scams that their clients may be vulnerable to. As an added measure, a proxy server is used between you and the casino which has superior security against DNS poisoning and other potential threats.
To attract new players, online casinos offer a range of bonuses that include free spins and deposit matches. Existing players are also eligible for regular promotions and campaigns, most of which, involve making deposits to the casino. Using POLi as a payment method can be a great way to claim these deposit bonuses. Although there aren’t really any POLi specific bonuses, you can check the terms and conditions of the bonus you would like to claim to see whether this method has an added advantage.
Before we delve into the advantages that come along with POLi, you should note that this payment processor received a “Payment Provider of the Year” award in 2014. POLi comes jam-packed numerous advantages that include the speed of transactions, security, convenience and ease of use among others.
- Security: POLi employs quite a number of security measures to protect your information from any third parties including SSL encryption using 2048 bit SSL Certificates, use of a proxy server, industry standard firewalls and regular updates to their servers among others.
- Speed: Any transactions processed using POLi are carried out and confirmed instantly.
- No sign-up: POLi does not require their clients to create accounts with them so as to use their services. All you have to do is click on POLi as a payment option and you are good to go. This also means that they neither capture nor store any usernames or passwords.
- Ease of use: POLi is one of the simplest payment methods since all you need to do is click on the option and provide your bank information. After this is all done, let it work its magic and wait for an instant receipt.
The moon does have its dark side meaning that POLi has a few disadvantages that are, however, overshadowed by the advantages. The major disadvantage that this method carries is its availability. POLi can only be used by iGamers that are based in either Australia or New Zealand since it mostly works with banks that are native to the area.
- Availability/Country restrictions: POLi was founded in Australia and mainly works with the banks in the area. This means that their services are limited to the residents of Australia and New Zealand.
- Difficult withdrawals: As much as POLi offers a convenient deposit solution, players have to look for alternatives or go through a long process when they want to make withdrawals from their casino accounts.
Excessive fees are usually a pain in the neck, especially for iGamers. Payment processors usually prey on online casino players and charge them outrageous percentages for transactions to their bank accounts. POLi comes to end this trend since it is completely free. The charges applied are catered for by the merchant and all you have to do as the buyer, or the customer is provide your banking information to POLi and you are good to go. This a great substitution to credit cards since all you need is an internet bank account.
Currency conversions can also prove to be quite the nag. Not mentioning all the fees that come together with changing currencies. POLi gives you a number of options that are region and casino friendly so that you won’t have to go through the hassle. Deposits can be made using Australian and New Zeland dollars.
Creating an Account
As mentioned before, you don’t need to have an account with POLi so as to use the service. This saves you from the hassle of having to memorise countless usernames and passwords. That saved time can be used to catch up on your favourite slots and games. You use your internet banking credentials to process your payments with POLi.
- No POLi account is required to process your casino transactions
- Simply log into your internet bank account using POLi’s secure connection to make your payment
Since POLi simply acts as a bridge between your bank and online casino, there is no need for a separate account or any credentials to log in and use the service. All that is required is the availability of funds in your bank account so that the payment can go through.
- Ensure the availability of funds in your bank account
Casinos that accept POLi deposits save iGamers a lot of time and effort with a few simple steps. Log into the casino, then select POLi as a payment method. Next, enter the amount that you wish to deposit and fill in your bank credentials when you are re-directed to your internet bank web page.
- Select POLi as a payment method
- Enter the amount to deposit
- Enter your banking credentials in your secure internet banking website
- Confirm the transaction
Making withdrawals using POLi can be a tedious process, but possible nonetheless. You will be required to create an account at POLi by filling a form on their website. You will have to provide your personal as well as banking information. After registration and verification, you can make withdrawals at a charge of AU$0.30 + 0.90% the transaction value.
- Select POLi as a withdrawal method at the casino
- Create an account with POLi and complete withdrawal
POLi prides itself in the state of the art and concrete security measures that they have employed on their service. The first step they take is not storing or even caching any of your information such as usernames and passwords. The transaction is then protected by HTTPS transport level security as information is being processed by the bank and casino. The communication to their servers is also protected with 2048-Bit SSL encryption coupled with server-side transaction integrity checks to ensure that there is absolutely no tampering. All these measures are taken to give you peace of mind about your privacy.
POLi acts as a passage that connects your bank to your casino meaning that most of the transactional queries should be posted to the bank or casino. If you would like to straighten a few things out with them, however, you can start by accessing the FAQ page. If you don’t come across a solution, you can contact them directly via phone, social media or visit one of their offices.
- Telephone: You can start by contacting the POLi helpdesk at 1300 060 653 (Australia)
- Letter: You can also keep it old school by writing a letter to the address; POLi Payments Pty Ltd, PO BOX 190, Flinders Lane, VIC, Australia 8009
- Facebook: You can send a direct message on Facebook to POLiPayments
- Twitter: You can go ahead and tweet @POLiPayments and the social media team will get right back
There are a number of payment options out there that offer VIP or loyalty programs, but since no registration is required with POLi, this feature is absent.
Since POLi primarily works for the Australian and New Zealand markets, its availability is only limited to these two countries. This means that punters that reside in this area can use this method to facilitate their transactions to and from their bank accounts.
POLi supports payments from about 18 Australian and New Zealand based banks. This means that nearly all trusted casinos that operate within this reason accept POLi as a payment option. As much as this method is convenient and extremely secure, it is regrettably not available for players from other regions of the globe. You can visit the POLi website as well to see their trusted partners.