Mega Fortune Dreams Slot - Review and Casinos 2019
Mega Fortune Dreams is the second title to share in Net Entertainment’s pooled Mega Fortune jackpots. As the direct sequel to the original, this game offers a chance to be an instant millionaire along with sticky wild re-spins and other extra features. Read all about the slot in this detailed review and compare the best Mega Fortune Dreams casinos in the top list below.
Introduction to Mega Fortune Dreams
Net Entertainment’s most popular progressive series centers around a set of three jackpots tied together under the Mega Fortune name. Mega Fortune Dreams was the second title to be networked to these jackpots, and the idea was to create a visually updated version of the original.
As such, this title includes a particularly visually pleasing wealth-based theme. The whole thing takes place with a background that makes it clear that the player is sitting on a giant yacht, and you’ll find every big symbol of high luxury that you can think of. The soundtrack and limited animation also fit this motif perfectly.
On top of that, it has a style of gameplay that gives players a lot of action instead of making you feel like you’re just sitting around waiting on a jackpot with nothing else happening. With this combination of gameplay and graphics, the Mega Fortune Dreams progressive slot is one of the most popular jackpot titles in the industry.
Betting and Layout
Something to know about NetEnt slots in general is that they often use atypical styles of formats to make their games stand out. However, they went with something much more common and much more solid for this title because they knew it would become a pillar of their entire portfolio:
- Mega Fortune Dreams uses five vertical reels with three horizontal rows.
- There are 20 static paylines that cannot be changed or adjusted, and they pay from left to right only.
- Four betting levels allow you to wager 20, 40, 60 or 80 coins total per turn.
- The available coin sizes range from €0.01 to €1 apiece for a betting range of €0.20 to €80 on each spin.
We want to make sure that players understand that there are no RTP penalties for any of the available bet sizes since you will always have the jackpots available. The only difference between different sizes of bets is that your chances of hitting each jackpot increases or decreases proportionately, which is the industry standard.
Features and Gameplay
Players will find that there are a good number of bonus rounds and other features in addition to the jackpots in the Mega Fortune Dreams video slot. That really helps to round out the experience for players and give them more to look forward to while they chase down those top payouts.
Wild Palm Tree Symbols and Re-spin Feature
Palm trees have always been a landscape type symbol of wealth since it’s associated with high cost of living areas with lots of mansions, etc., around. The palm trees in this game are right on the ocean, which fits the theme of the game perfectly, and they are wild.
The wilds on their own pack some pretty reasonable value. You can score 5,000x for five on a payline, and the wins of 500x and 50x for four of a kind or three of a kind, respectively, aren’t bad at all. It’s worth noting that these symbols will substitute for anything except the bonus symbols and the scatters.
The Mega Fortune Dreams online slot offers players a re-spin feature that’s based on the wilds. If you get three or more on the reels at the same time, no matter which positions they’re located in, then you’ll activate a re-spins feature. The way this works is that all of the wilds will hold in place, and every other symbol will spin once for free to give you extra chances at free spins. It’s a really straightforward idea for a feature, but it adds a nice level of variety in this game that you don’t always find in progressive titles.
Scattered Diamonds and Free Spins
The Mega Fortune Dreams jackpot slot also has a free spins mode. This is activated by getting three or more of the diamond symbol anywhere on the game board. Here’s what you need to know about this bonus round:
- You’ll be given 20 free spins for five diamonds, 15 free spins for four diamonds or 10 free spins for just three diamonds.
- Your multiplier level for all of your free spins starts at the 3x level.
- Each time a scatter appears anywhere on the game board, you’ll get an increase to your multiplier of 1 or 2, or you’ll get an increase to your number of free spins of 1, 2 or 3. This is chosen at random.
- The maximum multiplier you can receive is 10x. If you reach that, then all of your subsequent scatters on the grid for that bonus round will add free spins only.
There are two things to really point out here. First, this is an atypical way of handling a free spins mode, which makes it stand out. Second, it adds a nice amount of variety to the progressive slot experience.
Mega Fortune Dreams Progressive Jackpot Bonus Feature
Some slots with progressive jackpots award them at random. This is not the case with Mega Fortune Dreams. Net Entertainment has created a bonus feature instead that gives chances to award one of the three progressive jackpots when you trigger it.
On the third, fourth and fifth reels, you can see bonus symbols that look like sets of differently colored wheels. Getting all three of these on the game board at the same time activates the bonus feature for the jackpots. The progression of the feature works as follows:
- The outside wheel turns, and if it lands on a number, then that’s your coin win (20x to 60x) and the feature stops. If it lands on an arrow, which make up half of the spots on the wheel, then you progress to the middle wheel.
- If you get to the middle wheel, then the same process continues, but you have a chance to win the Rapid Jackpot as well as static payouts from 60x to 140x.
- Once you’re on the inside wheel, you can get static wins of 500x to 1,500x along with the Major Jackpot or the Mega Jackpot.
The three jackpots themselves actually have some different characteristics that are worth noting as well:
- Rapid Jackpot – This jackpot averages payouts in the range of €600 to €750, and it’s a pooled jackpot only from the players at the given casino you’re playing with.
- Major Jackpot – The average win for this jackpot is between €60,000 and €80,000. Instead of being pooled only by casino, it’s a network jackpot, so all players at all casinos with this jackpot available will be playing for the same win.
- Mega Jackpot – The flagship jackpot of all Net Entertainment slots, this prize is always worth a minimum of €1 million. It averages around €3 to €3.5 million, however, and it is a pooled jackpot like the Major.
The way this bonus feature is handled is pretty smart since it ties in a lot of different opportunities for serious instant wins along with three different progressive jackpots.
Payout Structure for Mega Fortune Dreams
There are essentially two different sets of symbols outside of the wilds, scatters and bonus. The upper tier are all signs of wealth. These include diamond rings, watches, champagne bottles and similar. The payouts start at the 2,000x level for five of the diamond ring and work their way down to 200x for five of the glass on the beach. We point this out because the win for five rings is higher than the top jackpot on a whole lot of non-progressive titles, and that shows just how many ways you can win big with the Mega Fortune Dreams online slot.
Diamond studded card rank symbols that look like they could have come straight from expensive pieces of jewelry make up the bottom end of things. The five of a kind wins for these symbols go from 150x to 40x, and you’ll have an A, K, Q, J and 10 on the reels along these lines. They look great and we not simply “thrown together” in the least bit, which helps to make them fit the theme instead of taking away from things visually.
Important Points to Note
Players who are searching out a game to play are usually looking for something that matches their style appropriately. Along these lines, here are a few good things about this title that we think will appeal to pretty much anyone:
- The variety of depth of the bonus features is very competitive and shows how seriously NetEnt took making this game unique in the genre.
- This is a visually pleasing game with a wealth-based motif that’s done well enough that it doesn’t come across as annoying or overly gaudy.
- Always being one spin away from being an instant millionaire is a fun feeling when you’re in the middle of playing.
Along these same lines, there are some things that we think players should be aware of in case it’s something that they think they wouldn’t enjoy or that doesn’t fit their play style:
- The hit-rate for small and medium wins is very small because of the high volatility and the distribution of the pay schedule, but that’s the case for most progressive jackpot slots.
- You’ll only be able to find one of Mega Fortune or Mega Fortune Dreams at each individual casino, so you kind of give up conveniently having one or the other when you choose either of these.
We think these cons are minor in face of the overwhelming pros that this game has to offer.
Even though the game that came before Mega Fortune Dreams was the original, this slot is an example of the rare case of a sequel generally being more popular than the first time around. Net Entertainment pushes the same set of jackpots through both of these games, however, so you aren’t missing out on that if you pick one or the other. Overall, this updated version brings a lot of exciting features with a strong style of gameplay and a great visual appeal.