iDebit is a Canadian payment provider making online casino payments stress free. In this review, we list the casinos that accept iDebit, and also detail withdrawal fees, the account sign up process and also any specific bonus offers available for iDebit users.
Being able to make fast and secure deposits and withdrawals from an online casino is among the factors that players consider before choosing a payment option. Generally, all players will go with the banking method that guarantees them convenience as well as security.
iDebit is among the more popular methods used in online casinos. It is a secure, real-time payment processor that enables customers to carry out online payments through the use of online banking.
iDebit is a Canadian based online banking option. It was started after the realisation that Canadian players were facing challenges while trying to play online games since most of the payment options were not available in their jurisdiction.
Its primary focus is on facilitating safe online payments between a user and a merchant. In iGaming, it is between a player and their casino site.
Players outside Canada can also use iDebit, only that they must have a bank account with one of the supported banks. Bank of Montreal, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Royal Bank of Canada, Desjardins, Simplii Financial, TD Canada Trust, Scotiabank, and National Bank are the financial institutions that iDebit supports.
To remain competitive in the iGaming sector, casinos have to come up with strategic plans that convince players they are the best. Among the most popular strategies is the use of promotions, such as welcome and payment method bonuses.
In regard to payment methods, some iGaming sites may exclude various options from accessing their promotions while others offer exclusive rewards for select methods. While iDebit is generally not excluded from any welcome offers, at present there are no specific deposit bonus or free spin deals either.
This payment service provider has implemented extremely high levels of security that are vital in safeguarding your information. Moreover, you do not require a debit or credit card to use iDebit. This further promotes the security of your financial information.
- Anonymity: With iDebit, you can play online anonymously since you are not required to give your credit card or bank information.
- Security: iDebit uses 128-bit encryption technology and robust firewalls to keep all the data that is under their possession safe.
- Ease of use: Using iDebit is straightforward. You can either sign-up for an account or carry out transactions as a guest.
The major disadvantage of this payment option is that it is not available in many countries. Still, even in countries where it is present, it limits players to using Canadian banks. Some of these do not operate outside of Canada. The number of casinos that accept iDebit is also considerably few.
- Country limitations: iDebit only serves around 20 countries. This is a small number for a company operating in a highly crowded sector
- Online bank account: To use iDebit, it is a must you have an online banking account with any of the supported banks
Creating an account with iDebit is free. Also, when making a payment from your iDebit account, you will not incur any fees. However, when making a payment from your online bank, you will be charged 1.50 CAD or USD.
Also, transferring funds from iDebit to your online bank account will cost you 2.00 CAD or USD. Users of this method should note that these charges are subject to change at any time. So always check the terms and conditions of your bank and iDebit account.
iDebit supports a number of currencies to help it reach a wider audience. You can choose any of these currencies for your transactions. You should note that currency conversion rates may apply when converting your local currency to one of the accepted currencies.
- Canadian Dollar, CAD
- Euro, EUR
- United States Dollar, USD
- Australian Dollar, AUD
- Great Britain Pound, GBP
Creating an Account
With iDebit, you can either choose to create an account with them or use their services as a guest. If you choose to sign-up for an account, the process is rather simple. To register, you visit the company’s official site, click on the sign-up tab and then fill in the required details on the provided form.
- Register for an account or use iDebit as a guest
- If you choose to have an account, click the sign-up tab from iDebit’s website
- Key in your details, confirm and then submit the form
With iDebit, you will not be required to enter your banking or personal information. The company works as an intermediary between you and your casino by enabling you to safely send money from your bank to online casinos. You just need to ensure there is enough money in your account before choosing iDebit as your prefered banking option.
- Ensure you have sufficient funds in your bank
- You can only use personal accounts as business accounts are not allowed
Once you have identified the casinos that accept iDebit deposits and registered with the one that meets your iGaming needs, go to the deposit page and then click iDebit. If you have an account, you will be redirected to log in to iDebit. If not, you should click on the Guest Checkout tab. Next, choose your bank, enter your online banking credentials to log in and then approve the transaction.
- Select iDebit from your casino’s banking options page
- Log in to your online banking account and select the amount you wish to transfer
- Once you approve the transaction, it will be transferred to your casino
You can also withdraw funds from your online casino through iDebit. One thing to note is that casinos with iDebit withdrawals are relatively few. As a result, you will have to look for an alternative in such an instance. You can also pot to join casinos that support both if iDebit is the only option you prefer.
- Go to the casino’s banking option page and click iDebit.
- Login to iDebit and navigate to the withdrawals section
- Login to your iDebit account and go to “Withdraw funds” ans specify the amount
- For first time withdrawals, you will be required to fill your online bank’s details. Once done, click withdraw
iDebit observes all the protocols that are required to keep your money and information safe. In its land-based offices, the company is located in a state-of-the-art facility where data is protected using the latest biometric palm scanners and 24/7 highly experienced security guards.
Online, they utilise bank-level data protection of 128-bit encryption technology. Besides this, they have robust firewalls that ensure your information is safe from malicious attacks, such as internet data theft. Also, before a payment is processed, your identity has to be authenticated, to ascertain that you are the one initiating the transaction.
This payment option has highly responsive customer support staff that you can contact any time you have a query. Also, if you want to close your account, there is a support team that will guide you on what to do. The services offered are available in English so as to reduce the likelihood of a language barrier. Moreover, you can use the FAQ page for general queries regarding iDebit.
- Live chat: Click ‘Live Chat Support’ button from their customer support page, accessible by clicking contact us
- Email: You can send them an email via email@example.com
- Telephone: Call support through +1 855.443.3248, which is a toll-free call service
- Security: If you want to change your home address, banking information, close your account or have an issue related to security, you can send an email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Some payment service providers have VIP programmes that benefit players who regularly use their services.
- iDebit doesn’t have a membership option for its clients, hence no VIP programme is available
iDebit is a reliable payment method that enables players to make payments to their online casinos without the need of having credit cards. This option is mostly used in Canada, and as such Canadians benefit most from the convenience that comes with using it.
For a player to use iDebit, he or she should have online banking. More so, the company works in cooperation with a number of banks in Canada. This could limit players from regions where the banks are not available from using this payment option, as essentially, you have to be a member of the supported banks to use iDebit. While iDebit is a safe and reliable payment option, its availability is still limited.