Giropay Casinos and Tutorial 2019
Giropay online casinos are growing in number. Giropay is an online payment service created by German and Austrian banks. With millions of transactions every year and more than 1500 participating banks, it is certainly a payment method to consider. Check out the best Giropay casinos and bonuses below!
Top 3 Giropay Casinos
GiroPay is an online payment system established by German and Austrian saving banks in 2006.
Just like the Canadian Interac or the Dutch iDEAL, this payment system is another effort to meet the rise in demand of online payment services in the last few years. This service has now grown to such an extent that it carries out more than one million transactions per months with 1500 participating banks.
This article will summarize all the information you need to become a Giropay expert and learn the advantages and disadvantages of this payment method.
Deposits carried out through Giropay are, of course, eligible to online casino’s generous welcome bonuses. To make the most out of these bonuses, feel free to check out the websites featured in the table above to compare their welcome offer and choose the best one for you.
In the span of a few years, Giropay has become the #2 online payment method in Germany and Austria. This success can easily be explained by a few key advantages:
- Speed – Because Giropay transactions happen online and in real time, deposits and withdrawals will be instantly carried out and shown on your account.
- Simplicity – As it will be seen in the “deposit” and “withdrawal” section, using Giropay is very straightforward. In addition, this payment method does not require any additional registration and account creation. If you are an account holder in a participating bank, you will be able to start using Giropay in a few clicks.
- Security – Giropay is a very secure system thanks to a system of PIN (account code) and TAN (transaction validation number).
- Anonymity – By using Giropay, you will not have to reveal any personal or banking information with the casino you deal with.
Despite these advantages, Giropay still has a few drawbacks that are important to consider.
- Availability – You will only be able to use Giropay if you have an account in one of the 1500 German and Austrian participating banks. This system might be expanded in the future.
- Fees – Whereas the Canadian Interac is totally free, Giropay charges significant processing fees, that will be analyzed below.
Giropay provides a quality online payment service, and this quality comes at a price.
The fees charged by Giropay depend on the transaction and decrease with volume. In addition to a flat fee of 0.08€ per transaction, this payment system also charges between 1.2% and 0.9% of the transferred amount.
Currencies and Availability
There are no currency limitations as this service is provided by banks, that can, by definition, convert the currency of origin to any other currency. However, this might also involve marginal conversion fees.
The main availability problem posed by Giropay is that it only works for the clients of its 1500 participating German and Austrian banks…
Creating an Account
As it has been said above, Giropay does not require the creation of an additional account. By having an account at one of the participating banks, you will be able to carry out Giropay transactions in a few clicks. The following sections will guide you through the practical aspect of it.
Giropay’s deposit process is what makes it so secure. To start playing in less than a few minutes, follow these simple steps:
- Login to your favorite Giropay casino
- Go to the deposit section
- Select Giropay as a payment method
- The payment terminal will redirect you to your bank’s portal
- Enter the TAN (transaction authentication number) that you will have received
- The funds will instantly be transferred to the casino
Because withdrawing fund is much less data-sensitive, it is a much simpler process than deposits. To carry out a withdrawal with Giropay:
- Login to your favorite casino
- Go to the withdrawal section
- Select Giropay as a payment method
- Determine the amount to be withdrawn
- The funds should be visible on your bank account in a few minutes
All in all, Giropay is one of the safest online payment options around because:
- It has been created by banks, institutions that are known for the safety of their transfers.
- It uses a state-of-the-art verification system with PIN and TAN.
- It is fully anonymous. The online casino you deal with will not receive any of your personal or banking details.
There are two ways to receive Giropay support. The first is to go directly to the Giropay website and visit its FAQ page or contact the customer support team. However, if you prefer, you can also go directly to your bank advisor.
There are no Giropay-specific VIP programs. However, many banks have a loyalty point programs that could be compatible with Giropay transactions. For more information go to your bank’s website or reach out to your advisor directly.