Any person who is familiar with Bitcoin has probably heard of Dogecoin as well. DOGE is very popular among the cryptocurrency users and many iGamers. It is also one of the most commonly accepted cryptocurrencies in online casinos after Bitcoin and Litecoin, which means you can send DOGE to your casino wallets and start enjoying your favourite games and withdraw your winnings easily. The table below lists the best Dogecoin casinos and the bonuses they offer.
||25 Free Spins||
1. 110% up to 1.5BTC + 250 Free Spins
2. 50% up to 1BTC
3. 50% up to 1BTC
4. 100% up to 1.5BTC
Based on the famous internet-meme of a Shiba Inu dog, Dogecoin was developed by Billy Markus in 2013. Initially introduced as a “joke currency”, Dogecoin gained a well-deserved popularity in the online community and quickly became the favourite of many crypto-enthusiasts.
Thanks to the support of the loyal developer community, Dogecoin is still ranked among the coins with the highest market cap. The most important aspect of Dogecoin is that rather than holding it longterm, people actually use it to pay for things. It’s accepted by many online stores as well as some retailers. Because of this popularity, many crypto-casinos support Dogecoin too.
Almost all reliable casinos have the same level of security, as well as the variety of games from the same developers. That’s why the promotions are the biggest factor for iGamers when selecting a new casino. Aware of this fact, many casinos, including the Dogecoin casinos listed above, offer various many bonuses that are generally activated by deposits. You can take advantage of these bonuses when making deposits with Dogecoin, but make sure to check the terms and conditions of these promotions before sending DOGE to your casino wallet.
The advantages that cryptocurrencies offer are the main reason behind their popularity among iGamers. Privacy, fast transactions and low fees are some of the common advantages of many cryptocurrencies, including Dogecoin. In addition to these common ones, there are also some important features that are specific to Dogecoin. As one of the earliest and most accepted coins among the crypto-world, the tightly-knit community of supporters is the biggest advantage of DOGE.
- The Community: Based on a famous internet meme, Dogecoin is welcomed by the crypto-community and became one of the fastest-growing altcoins. The experienced developer community behind it is the strongest aspect of this coin.
- Low Fees: Since Dogecoin is not a company that seeks profits, the fees associated with DOGE transactions are very small.
- Security: You don’t need a bank account, or reveal any personal information to use Dogecoin. By having a wallet on your device, you can start sending and receiving DOGE.
Even the best online payment methods come with some drawbacks. Some significant disadvantages of Dogecoin are the non-refundable transactions and limited game options in the casinos that support it. But keep in mind that almost any other cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin and Litecoin, has both of these disadvantages.
- Non-Refundable: If you accidentally send DOGE to wrong address or an unsupported wallet, your assets will be lost. There’s no way to get them back.
- Limited Availability: Blockchain technology gained popularity recently, and even though there are a lot of casinos that accept cryptocurrency, most table games are not available in these casinos because of the small number of players.
The best part of cryptocurrency transactions is the low fees associated with them. Since Dogecoin is an open source community that doesn’t seek profits, you will be charged very small fees for your deposits and withdrawals. These fees are needed for rewarding the users who confirm the transactions that take place on the network. Keep in mind that if you are keeping your DOGE in a crypto exchange wallet, most of them charge some additional fees for DOGE trades and withdrawals.
Creating an Account
Dealing with your crypto assets is different from the practices of traditional banks or other online payment methods. To start with you don’t need an account, but a wallet. No personal information is required to create a Dogecoin wallet. With one click you can create a Dogecoin wallet, and start sending and receiving DOGE.
- Install the official Dogecoin wallet or a trusted third-party wallet that supports it
- Click create wallet and make sure to keep your private keys secure
Once you have a dogecoin wallet, you need to add some DOGE. Linking a bank account or credit/debit card is not an option for cryptocurrency wallets. So, you need to either buy DOGE with your local currency or other cryptocurrencies like BTC and ETH. There are a lot of reliable websites that make this procedure fairly simple. Another option is mining Dogecoin. Also, if you acquired DOGE on a crypto exchange, you can keep them in the wallets of the exchange or transfer to your personal DOGE wallet.
- Mine Dogecoin or buy it from the other users or crypto exchanges
Sending DOGE to the casinos that accept Dogecoin deposits takes a few simple steps. Even though the transactions are not instant like many other online payment methods, Dogecoin deposits are faster than Bitcoin. Also, if you don’t want to lose your assets, make sure that your casino wallet address for DOGE is correct.
- Visit your online casinos, and copy your DOGE wallet address
- Select withdrawal from your DOGE wallet
- Paste your casino DOGE wallet address, and confirm the transaction
Any casino that supports Dogecoin deposits supports withdrawals as well. The best part of these withdrawals is that you don’t have to wait for days to see your assets in your wallets. DOGE you withdraw from your casino shows up on your wallet in a couple of minutes.
- Go to your DOGE wallet in your personal device or in crypto-exchange and copy your DOGE wallet address
- Select withdrawal from your online casino cashier, and paste your DOGE wallet address
- Confirm the transaction
Even though Dogecoin has been around since 2013 and is pretty popular in the cryptocurrency community, it’s not targeted by the hackers as much as Bitcoin, Ethereum and some other coins with huge market caps. Because people do not hold large amounts of Dogecoin for investment, they generally use them to pay for goods or services.
You should still be careful with the phishing scams, and keep your private key for your Dogecoin wallets safe and secure. Because that’s the only way others can access your wallets. Keeping your assets in your devices through Dogecoin supported wallets is the recommended practice.
Started as a meme-originated cryptocurrency in the early days of Bitcoin, Dogecoin has turned into a very serious player in the crypto community. That’s why many online casinos that support cryptocurrencies adopted Dogecoin simply because it’s an altcoin people actually use rather than holding for investment.
iGamers can send DOGE to their crypto-casino wallets and start enjoying their favourite games. There are some casinos that allow sports betting with Dogecoin, as well. Thanks to the decentralized nature of Dogecoin, there are no country restrictions either. Currently, the number of casinos that accept Dogecoin is not as impressive as Bitcoin casinos, but it probably will increase in the future.