American Express or Amex as it is also known, is a global financial company that has a history of quality and trust. This reputation makes it an obvious partner for online casinos, and many accept American Express as a deposit method. Below are the top American Express casinos in March 2019 listed along with current bonus offers.
With the advent of modern technology, American Express have invested in cutting-edge innovations through its various debit and credit cards. Online casinos have been quick to use the improved security and faster transactions that the firm have been able to provide. This is all backed up by incredible customer support and competitive charges.
American Express has a rich history that dates back over centuries. From as early as 1850, this company had set shop in the US. Over the years it has evolved to provide personalized services to its clients.
With casinos going online, its credit cards have become a popular means of payment for gaming purposes. Headquartered in New York, Amex has facilitated online e-commerce and online casinos for many years.
Recently it rolled out its application which will enable you to (among other things) enjoy your casino games while on the go. With services available in different parts of the world and multiple currencies, this is one of the best methods to process your casino deposits.
As an established payment provider the world over, American Express has established a working relationship with a number of online casinos. This has led to specific bonus offers for players using Amex to deposit. If you look around you can find deposit match sign up offers that are in the 100% – 200% range, often with additional free spins thrown in on top of that. At the top of this page you find all of the latest welcome packages.
Generally, American Express has innumerable benefits when it comes to casino payments. Deposits are instantly processed. Security of your transactions is guaranteed while its acceptability and popularity across casinos mean you can access a wide range of games wherever you are.
- Speed: Transactions are speedily processed for both deposits and withdrawals across casinos
- Support: Customer support services are excellent in case of any discrepancy in account balances.
- Security: During your deposits and withdrawals, no personal information is shared on the Amex website hence preventing you from possible cases of identity theft.
Basically, anything that has advantages is bound to have some shortcomings. As such, with Amex you might find that some countries have restricted online gambling hence deposits via this method are not allowed. For big money transfers, you will be required to verify your account.
- Restrictions: Gambling is highly prohibited in some countries, hence Amex transfers are not allowed in such regions
- Account Verification: To prevent proceeds of cyber crime you might be needed to verify your account
One of the main reasons why American Express has remained at the top of the game is due to competitive fees and charges for its services.
For instance, registering an account is free of charge. Likewise, casino deposits are not subjected to any fees. In case you want to withdraw in a different currency, a friendly foreign exchange rate may apply.
With withdrawals, a small percentage is deducted to cover transfer charges. There are no account maintenance fees whatsoever.
American Express has spread its services to far and wide corners of the world. Transfers are processed in all major currencies depending on your specification and location. Top among Amex currencies include US $, CAD $, British Pound(GBP), Turkish Lira and Euro to mention just a few.
- US $
- Great Britain Pound, GBP (£)
- Turkish Lira
- CAD $
- Euro (€)
Creating an Account
Creating an account with American Express is a simple process that will not take much of your time. American Express has entered into an agreement with reputable banks and financial institutions to issue cards on its behalf. However, for online services you need to click on the link ‘American express.com/register.’ This will give you a chance to conveniently key in your details and confirm by feeding your password.
- Visit www.americanexpress.com/register. Click on it to access the online registration page
- You will required to key in your unique 4 digit ID and the 15 digit card number
- Key in your details and confirm your registration by feeding your password
Once your online account is active you are ready to go. All you need is deposit money into the corresponding account that that is linked with American Express network. Once deposited, you can check your balance either through online platforms or through Automated Teller Machines(ATMs) that are strategically located for your convenience.
- Visit a bank or a building society and fill in the deposit sheets to your account
- You can as well initiate a mobile or online transfer to your account
Depositing money to your casino account is easy. Find out casinos that accept American Express deposits. Click on the Amex as your preferred option. Log in to your account and select your direct debit on the payments tab. Complete your bank details and confirm your intention of deposit. Review all your details and finally confirm the transactions.
- Log in to your account
- Click on the payments tab and select direct debit
- Key in your bank details or building society info.
- Review your details and confirm the transaction
Just like deposits, Amex withdrawals follow a simple step-wise process. Visit the online cashier of your casino and highlight Amex as your preferred cash out option. Enter your card number and indicate the amount you want to withdraw. Wait for 3 to 5 days for the transfer to be processed.
- Visit the online cashier section of your casino
- Highlight Amex as your withdrawal option
- Key in your card number and initiate the transfer
- Once money is in your account you can conveniently withdraw from a number of available ATMs
When choosing an online payment option, gamers or any other individual, will consider security as one of the prime factors. Due to this, American Express has invested heavily in security features that prevent possible instances of identity theft or online fraud.
Once a transaction has been processed using your number you will be notified via a text message. Amex also uses Card Verification Value(CVV) code which prevents the recreation of your card as it is not printed on the magnetic strip of the card but inside the card.
In case you have any query or reservation regarding your Amex account there are a number of ways through which you can get in contact with American Express support centres. From regional telephone numbers and physical offices to social media accounts Amex will respond to all your enquiries. There is also a FAQs page through which you can go through a number of frequently asked questions.
- Telephone: This is probably the best way to get in touch with Amex customer support executive. The number is 1- 800- 528-2122
- Twitter: You can as well engage Amex support through official twitter handle – @AskAmex
The Amex VIP program is offered through the Platinum and Centurion card owners who are allowed access to over 1,200 airport lounges in 130 countries
- Platinum Card Members
- Centurion Card Members
Generally, Amex services are available across the world. From the US to Europe, the Middle East and Africa the card or online payments are largely accepted.
The broad range of currencies accepted by the American Express is a big plus for the gaming cardholders. However, owing to the uniqueness of online gambling, American Express may be restricted from processing your casino payments whether deposits or withdrawals.
For instance, countries like USA, Ukraine, Russia and Netherlands have not fully embraced the idea of real money online gaming. Apart from these few examples, Amex is widely used to casino payments all over the world.